These Christmas Printables have 3 different levels of difficulty focusing on letter formation, letter size, and line placement. Perfect for kindergarteners to first grade! Cutting practice is also included in the activities to help improve scissor skills!
This is a FREE 7 page digital download PDF. No physical items will be shipped.
First, we’re going to look at the Fine Motor Warm-up Activity. Next, we will discuss the different levels of difficulty in these handwriting worksheets. Finally, we will look at MORE Christmas Activities!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see ourTERMS and POLICY PAGE*
FIRST, LET’S LOOK AT THE FINE MOTOR WARM-UP!
The Fine Motor Warm-up Includes a picture/word matching activity. With this activity, you have several options! For example:
- Pencil control by tracing on lines with a writing utensil
- Place Wikki Stix on the lines while working on finger strength and coordination
- Squeeze glue along the lines. Then place yarn/string on the glue working on hand strength and coordination
- Place cork board under the printable. Have the child poke holes along the lines with thumbtacks working on finger strength, coordination, and a tripod grasp. You may need to double up the cork board if you are placing them on a table.
- Peel and place small stickers along the lines to work on finger strength and coordination
NEXT, LET’S EXPLORE THE DIFFERENT LEVELS OF DIFFICULTY in these Christmas Printables!
As children learn to form letters, they also begin working on letter size and placing their letters on the lines. Most certainly, visual boundaries can help as they practice handwriting at both the word and the sentence level! For instance, here are the different levels included in this pack:
Level 1 of Handwriting Activities = Boxed Boundaries:
- Boxed boundaries at the word level: Children can trace the 4 Christmas words. Then they can copy the words while practicing letter formation and staying inside the boxed boundaries. Finally, a cut and paste activity is included to help with cutting skills!
- Boxed boundaries at the sentence level: The same idea as above, only a 4 word sentence is copied in boxed boundaries. On page 7, two Rudolph cutting Shapes are provided. Kiddos can cut and place one on the right hand side of this worksheet. Another option would be to draw and color their own Rudolph instead of cutting!
- See pictures below
LEVEL 2 of the Christmas Writing Activities = 3 Lined Paper:
- 3 Lined Paper at the word level: 3 lined paper is the next level of difficulty as children try to keep their tall letters tall and short letters short. This handwriting worksheet has 4 Christmas words. The child copies these words on the adapted 3 lined paper with colored spaces. The visual boundaries assist the child visually to see where to place the letters. A cut and paste activity is provided on this handwriting worksheet as well!
- 3 Lined Paper at the sentence level: Same idea as above only the child copies a 4 word sentence on the adapted 3 lined paper. A Rudolph on page 7 can be cut and pasted on the right hand side of this printable. Drawing and coloring Rudolph instead of cutting is another option!
- See pictures below
LEVEL 3 of the Christmas Printables = Sentence Building:
- The last and most difficult level is building a sentence. The child cuts out the 4 words staying on the dotted lines. Then, sequences the words to form a sentence by glueing them on the rectangles. Next, your child writes the sentence on the adapted 3-lined paper. Finally, have your child cut and paste a Rudolph from page 7 on the right hand side of the page. Once again, you could also have the child draw and color Rudolph instead of cutting!
WHEW!! This MINI 7 Page Christmas Printables Pack addresses a lot of skills!
Scroll through the Christmas worksheets below:
Lastly, here are some MORE Christmas Printables Available to you!
To look at MORE FREE Christmas Fine Motor, Cutting, and Writing Activities, click HERE!
Subscribe to our Newsletter! You’ll get updated information on products, exclusive access to our growing FREEBIE library including these FREE Christmas PRINTABLES, AND a discount on products!
*Your child’s safety is important and adult supervision is recommended with all activities. These activities should not take the place of medical or therapeutic advice/intervention.