Gross Motor Farm Activities are here! Kids get to pretend they are a farmer as they imitate and move to 10 Large Motor Movements. Perfect for a variety of themes including Fall Activities, Harvest Activities, and of course, Farm Activities! Did you know Farmers are also considered community helpers? You could most certainly use this for a Community Helper Theme, too!
This Farm Activity is perfect for preschoolers to kindergarteners! I’ve even had some first and second graders have fun with it!
This is a FREE 5 Page Downloadable PDF. Click HERE to access the FREEBIE LIBRARY!
First, Let’s first take a look at WHAT motor movements children will be asked to imitate. Next, we will see the VIDEO that goes along with the Farmer Farmer Gross Motor Poem. Lastly, WHY it’s important for children to practice these skills.
FIRST, WHAT MOVEMENTS AND SKILLS ARE ADDRESSED IN THE FARMER GROSS MOTOR ACTIVITIES?
- Body Parts! Your little Farmer will have to drive the tractor over his toes!
- Prepositions like on, over, around are targeted
- Following directions! Children will have to listen to the Poem and do what the Farmer is doing, which also addresses gross motor imitation skills!
- Gross Motor skills: Climbing motion, jumping, turning in a circle, windmill, bridge, bicycle, crossing midline, and more!
To sum it up, kids will work on coordination, strength, and a whole lot more!
Next, Let’s take a look at the Farmer Farmer Gross Motor video!
Life is sometimes funny! My intentions for starting this website did NOT include Gross Motor videos! However, I always have my students do a gross motor warm up to help prepare their bodies for work in our Occupational Therapy sessions. Scarecrow Scarecrow was my first video (if you haven’t seen it, click HERE). After that, my kids requested a Monster Gross Motor Poem with my dog Lucy in it (click HERE). Now, we are headed back to my small town roots with Farm Activities! If you enjoy it, we have my incredible students to thank because as long as they enjoy them, we will keep doing them!
Not only do kids have fun with them, BUT I did a training this last week at one of my schools and us adults did the Monster Monster Poem for a sensory break. We’re never too old to have fun, right?!? In addition, I also think it’s important to experience the skills our kids are working on!
Prior to the gross motor activity, you need to:
- Download the 5 PAGE FREE FARMER GROSS MOTOR ACTIVITIES PACK
- Read the instructional page
- Review the Poem provided in the pack
- Print pages 1-3 on card stock and laminate. If you are doing this activity with a group of kiddos, make sure they EACH have a Tractor (page 3). Doing teletherapy or want some variations? Kids can use a toy tractor! Need to add some proprioceptive input to the activity? Have the child use something a little heavier than the tractor (make sure it’s an appropriate amount for your child). You can even add a simple craft to this activity! Make a green tractor out of popsicle sticks! The child can hold their craft during the poem. As a result, you just added a FARM FINE MOTOR ACTIVITY!
- Watch the video to get an idea of how to complete the activity.
- Most importantly, HAVE FUN WITH THESE FARM GROSS MOTOR ACTIVITIES!
Finally, Let’s See WHY these Large Motor Skills are Important!
I get to work with some amazing pediatric physical therapists and am so very thankful their hard work helps support what I do! #teamwork
As always, make sure children have adult supervision for safety. These activities should not take the place of medical or therapeutic intervention.
Looking for MORE FARM ACTIVITIES?
Writing ACTIVITIES 32 Page Pack, Click HERE!
Cutting Activities 20 Page Pack, Click HERE!
Fine Motor Activities 10 Page Pack, Click HERE!
FREE FARM SAMPLE Pack, Click HERE!