Here are some MORE Free FREE St. Patrick’s Day Printables! This Mini Writing Pack has 3 different levels of difficulty. In addition, letter formation, letter size, and line placement are all targeted. Cutting skills are also addressed with 2 different levels of difficulty. Perfect for kindergarteners to first grade!
*This is a FREE 7 page digital download PDF. No physical items will be shipped.*
In this post we will look at:
- Fine Motor Warm-Up Activity
- Handwriting Worksheets
- More St. Patrick’s Day Activities – INCLUDING MORE FREEBIES!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see ourTERMS and POLICY PAGE*
FIRST, LET’S LOOK AT THE FINE MOTOR WARM-UP!
The Fine Motor Warm-up Includes a picture/word matching activity. This activity has several options! For example:
- Pencil control by tracing on lines with a writing utensil
- Place Wikki Stix on the lines while working on finger strength and coordination
- Squeeze glue along the lines. Then place yarn/string on the glue working on hand strength and coordination
- Place cork board under the printable. Have the child poke holes along the lines with thumbtacks working on finger strength, coordination, and a tripod grasp. You may need to double up the cork board if you are placing them on a table.
- Peel and place small stickers along the lines to work on finger strength and coordination
NEXT, LET’S EXPLORE THE DIFFERENT LEVELS OF DIFFICULTY in these FREE St. Patrick’s Day Printables!
As children learn to form letters, they also begin working on letter size and placing their letters on the lines. Adding visual boundaries can help as they practice handwriting at both the word and the sentence level! For instance, here are the different levels included in this pack:
Level 1 of Handwriting Activities = Boxed Boundaries:
- Boxed boundaries at the word level: 4 St. Patrick’s Day words are provided to trace. Then children can copy the words while practicing letter formation and staying inside the boxed boundaries. Finally, a cut and paste activity is included to help with cutting skills!
- Boxed boundaries at the sentence level: The same idea as above, only a 5 word sentence is copied in boxed boundaries. On page 7, two St. Patrick’s Day cutting options are provided. Kiddos can cut and place one on the right hand side of this worksheet. Another option would be to draw and color their own picture!
LEVEL 2 of the FREE St. Patrick’s Day Writing Activities = 3 Lined Paper:
- 3 Lined Paper at the word level: 3 lined paper is the next level of difficulty as children try to keep their tall letters tall and short letters short. This handwriting worksheet has 4 St. Patrick’s Day words. Your child copies these words on the adapted 3 lined paper with colored spaces. The visual boundaries assist the child to see where to place the letters. A cut and paste activity is provided on this handwriting worksheet as well!
- 3 Lined Paper at the sentence level: Same idea as above only the child copies a 5 word sentence on the adapted 3 lined paper. A Leprechaun on page 7 can be cut and pasted on the right hand side of this printable. Drawing and coloring a picture instead of cutting is another option!
LEVEL 3 of the FREE St. Patrick’s Day Printables = Sentence Building:
- The last and most difficult level is building a sentence. The child cuts out the 5 words staying on the dotted lines. Then, sequences the words to form a sentence by glueing them on the rectangles. Next, the child writes the sentence on the adapted 3-lined paper. Finally, have your child cut and paste a Leprechaun from page 7 on the right hand side of the page. Once again, you could also have the child draw and color a picture instead of cutting!
- WHEW!! This FREE MINI WRITING Pack addresses a lot of skills!
Lastly, here are some MORE St. Patrick’s Day Activities to go along with your FREE St. Patrick’s Day Printables!
- FREE St. Patrick’s Day GROSS MOTOR ACTIVITIES – CLICK HERE!
- FINE MOTOR ACTIVITIES – CLICK HERE!
- CUTTING ACTIVITIES – CLICK HERE!
- WRITING ACTIVITIES – CLICK HERE!
- BUNDLE TO SAVE – CLICK HERE!
- MORE FREE SAMPLES (SCROLL TO END) – CLICK HERE!
Subscribe to our Newsletter! You’ll get updated information on products, exclusive access to our growing FREEBIE library including these FREE PRINTABLES, AND a discount on products!