Here are some MORE Free Valentine’s Day Printables! This Mini Writing Pack has 3 different levels of difficulty. In addition, letter formation, letter size, and line placement are all targeted. Cutting skills are also addressed with 2 different levels of difficulty. Perfect for kindergarteners to first grade!
*This is a FREE 7 page digital download PDF. No physical items will be shipped.*
First, we’re going to look at the Fine Motor Warm-up Activity. Next, we’ll discuss the different levels of difficulty in these handwriting worksheets. Finally, we’ll look at MORE Valentine’s Day Activities!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see ourTERMS and POLICY PAGE*
FIRST, LET’S LOOK AT THE FINE MOTOR WARM-UP!
The Fine Motor Warm-up Includes a picture/word matching activity. This activity has several options! For example:
- Pencil control by tracing on lines with a writing utensil
- Place Wikki Stix on the lines while working on finger strength and coordination
- Squeeze glue along the lines. Then place yarn/string on the glue working on hand strength and coordination
- Place cork board under the printable. Have the child poke holes along the lines with thumbtacks working on finger strength, coordination, and a tripod grasp. You may need to double up the cork board if you are placing them on a table.
- Peel and place small stickers along the lines to work on finger strength and coordination
NEXT, LET’S EXPLORE THE DIFFERENT LEVELS OF DIFFICULTY in these FREE Valentine’s Day Printables!
As children learn to form letters, they also begin working on letter size and placing their letters on the lines. Adding visual boundaries can help as they practice handwriting at both the word and the sentence level! For instance, here are the different levels included in this pack:
Level 1 of Handwriting Activities = Boxed Boundaries:
- Boxed boundaries at the word level: 4 Valentine’s Day words are provided to trace. Then children can copy the words while practicing letter formation and staying inside the boxed boundaries. Finally, a cut and paste activity is included to help with cutting skills!
- Boxed boundaries at the sentence level: The same idea as above, only a 4 word sentence is copied in boxed boundaries. On page 7, two Valentine’s Day Bear cutting options are provided. Kiddos can cut and place one on the right hand side of this worksheet. Another option would be to draw and color their own heart!
LEVEL 2 of the FREE Valentine’s Day Writing Activities = 3 Lined Paper:
- 3 Lined Paper at the word level: 3 lined paper is the next level of difficulty as children try to keep their tall letters tall and short letters short. This handwriting worksheet has 4 Valentine’s Day words. Your child copies these words on the adapted 3 lined paper with colored spaces. The visual boundaries assist the child to see where to place the letters. A cut and paste activity is provided on this handwriting worksheet as well!
- 3 Lined Paper at the sentence level: Same idea as above only the child copies a 4 word sentence on the adapted 3 lined paper. A Valentine Bear on page 7 can be cut and pasted on the right hand side of this printable. Drawing and coloring a heart instead of cutting is another option!
LEVEL 3 of the FREE Valentine’s Day Printables = Sentence Building:
- The last and most difficult level is building a sentence. The child cuts out the 4 words staying on the dotted lines. Then, sequences the words to form a sentence by glueing them on the rectangles. Next, the child writes the sentence on the adapted 3-lined paper. Finally, have your child cut and paste a Valentine’s Day Bear from page 7 on the right hand side of the page. Once again, you could also have the child draw and color a heart instead of cutting!
WHEW!! This FREE MINI WRITING Pack addresses a lot of skills!
Lastly, here are some MORE Valentine’s Day Activities to go along with your FREE Valentine’s Day Printables!
Click HERE to look at the 32 Page Valentine’s Day Writing Pack, 20 Page Valentine’s Day Cutting Pack, 10 Page Valentine’s Day Fine Motor Pack, and a FREE Valentine’s Day Sample Pack!
Subscribe to our Newsletter! You’ll get updated information on products, exclusive access to our growing FREEBIE library including these FREE PRINTABLES, AND a discount on products!