This FREE DOWNLOADABLE Monster cutting pack is a fun and creative way for children Preschool to 1st grade (or developmental ages 3-6) to work on cutting skills! The activities are presented with a developmental approach to work on snipping, cutting on lines, cutting shapes, and finally more complex shapes!
This Fun MONSTER Themed Pack is 20 pages and includes:
- Explains how to complete each activity
A Simple Guide for the Developmental Progression of Cutting Skills
- Helps explain how cutting skills progress by age.
Beginning Cutting Skills
- Start with snipping paper advancing to 3 different line lengths to practice advancing scissors.
- Worksheets with arc lines, circles, squares, triangles, pentagons, and hearts are next. There’s also an option to cut 4 shapes and paste them on matching shapes on the following pa
Cut and Paste activity
- Allows the child to be challenged with more complex shapes and paste them on the picture.
- On the pictures are circles for MORE fine motor practice. The child can place poms with tongs on the circles, pennies, buttons, color them in, use dot markers, or use 3/4″ diameter multi-use label stickers. Using stickers like these HERE are always a favorite! Want more of a challenge? Use these stickers and have the child work on pencil control by tracing on the sticker around the circle!
- More complex shapes are provided as well as dot to dot cutting activities. The dots or letters around the shapes provide a visual guide for children to stay on the lines and increase visual attention to the paper while cutting.
Who is the Packet for:
- Occupational Therapists, Teachers, and Parents will love this fun creative theme filled with cutting activities for a variety of skill levels!
**This is a 20 page digital download PDF file. No Physical items will be shipped**
Looking for more Monster Theme Activities?
- Look Below for the FREE Monster Writing Packet and the FREE Monster Fine Motor Skills Packet!