Can I get a Yeehaw?! These Farm Cutting Activities are perfect for Preschoolers to First Graders or developmental ages 3-6!
This 20 PAGE downloadable pack is full of cutting worksheets presented in a developmental approach. Scissor skills from snipping paper, to cutting on lines, to cutting arc lines, to cutting shapes, to cut and paste, and finally to cutting complex shapes are provided. In other words, lots of cutting practice!!
The best part about this theme is that it’s so versatile! You can use it for Farm Theme Activities, Harvest theme Activities, and did you know Farmers are also considered Community Helpers?!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our TERMS and POLICY PAGE*
First, we’ll look at what’s inside the pack and how to work on and improve cutting skills! Next, you’ll get to see WHO benefits from these cutting activities. Finally, we’ll look at why developing cutting skills are important for children!
This Farm Cutting Activities Pack Includes:
- Instruction Page on how to complete each activity
- A Simple Guide for the Developmental Progression of Cutting skills- This allows you to know exactly what cutting activity your child should start with and how to progress them! Since these printable worksheets target a variety of developmental levels, they are perfect for preschool classrooms, categorical special education classrooms, and certainly for school based occupational therapist where a group of kiddos at different skills levels can still work on similar cutting worksheets! Meaning, it’s not a one-size fits all pack!
CUTTING SKILLS WORKSHEETS:
- Snipping Paper – children can work on opening and closing scissors as they snip around a picture
- Cutting Lines – Now it’s time to start advancing the scissors across a variety on line lengths PLUS an arc line!
- Shapes – To start, let’s work on manipulating paper and try cutting some developmental shapes including circle, square, triangle, pentagon, and heart! Want to add some matching skills to this cutting activity? In addition to cutting shapes, they can paste them to the matching shapes on the following page!
- Complex Shapes – a fun Farm themed cut and paste activity is included with an added fine motor activity! First, cut on the dotted lines. Next, have the child cut out the 3 shapes and glue them on the picture. Finally, they can complete a fine motor activity. On the sheet, you will find 10 circles. You can have the child place pennies, poms using tongs, or stickers on the circles. The stickers I like to use are here and here. The reinforcement stickers add an extra challenge as seen in the picture. Have the child draw on the reinforcement sticker trying to stay on the path. Using crayons or markers to color in the circles is another idea! My kiddos LOVE to use these scented markers because they add olfactory input! If you need smaller markers for smaller hands, these pip squeak markers work well! Did I mention this Cut and Paste is also included in the FREE FARM MINI PACK?!?
WHO ARE THE FARM CUTTING ACTIVITIES FOR?
- Occupational Therapists, Teachers, and Parents will love this fun creative Farm themed pack to help improve cutting skills for developmental ages 3-6! What kid doesn’t love Farm Animals and Tractors!
**This is a 20 Page Downloadable PDF File. No products will be shipped**
*As with ALL our activities, adult supervision is needed for safety and these activities should not take the place of medical or therapeutic intervention.
IN CONCLUSION, WHY ARE CUTTING SKILLS IMPORTANT?
Follow this LINK
You’ll understand what skills are being addressed and their importance!
LOOKING FOR MORE FARM ACTIVITIES?
FINE MOTOR Activities, Click HERE!
WRITING Activities, Click HERE!
GROSS MOTOR Activities, Click HERE!
FREE FARM Mini Pack, Click HERE!
Looking for MORE Free Printables? First, subscribe to our Newsletter! Most importantly, this gives you FULL access to the growing FREEBIE Library and a discount on ALL products!! Finally, you will receive updated information on products and tips how to use them!
There are no reviews yet.