It’s October and that means it’s time for Trick or Treating and all things Halloween! These Halloween Cutting Activities are too cute to be scary, however they will sure add some spooky fun to working on scissor skills!
This 20 PAGE printable cutting activities pack is presented with a developmental approach. From snipping paper, to cutting on lines, to cutting arc lines, to cutting shapes, to cut and paste, and finally to cutting complex shapes, you’ll find cutting activities for preschoolers to first grade!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our TERMS and POLICY PAGE*
First, we’ll take a closer look to see what’s inside and how to work on and improve cutting skills! Next, you’ll get to see what FREEBIE you can have access to. Finally, we’ll look at why developing cutting skills are important for children!
This Halloween Cutting Activities Pack Includes:
- Instruction Page on how to complete each activity
- A Simple Guide for the Developmental Progression of Cutting skills- This allows you to know exactly what cutting activity your child should start with and how to progress them! Since these printable worksheets target a variety of developmental levels, they are perfect for preschool classrooms, categorical special education classrooms, and certainly for school based occupational therapist where a group of kiddos at different skills levels can still work on and complete similar cutting worksheets! In other words, it’s not a one-size fits all pack!
CUTTING SKILLS WORKSHEETS:
- Snipping Paper – children can work on opening and closing scissors as they snip around a picture
- Cutting Lines – Now it’s time to start advancing the scissors across a variety on line lengths PLUS an arc line!
- Shapes – To start, let’s work on manipulating paper and try cutting some developmental shapes including circle, square, triangle, pentagon, and heart! Want to add some matching skills to this cutting activity? In addition to cutting the Halloween shapes, they can paste them to the matching shapes on the following page!
- Complex Shapes – a fun Halloween themed cut and paste activity is included with an added fine motor activity! Firstly, cut on the dotted lines. Secondly, have the child cut out the 3 shapes and glue them on the pictures. Finally, they can complete a fine motor activity. On the sheet, you will find 10 circles. You can have the child place pennies, poms using tongs, or stickers on the circles. The stickers I like to use are here and here. The reinforcement stickers add an extra challenge as seen in the picture. Have the child draw on the reinforcement sticker trying to stay on the path. Using crayons or markers to color in the circles is another idea! My kiddos LOVE to use these scented markers because they add olfactory input! If you need smaller markers for smaller hands, these pip squeak markers work well!
Take a peek at ALL the ways you can complete the Cut and Paste Printable! In fact, it’s so much fun, let’s add this one to our FREEBIE LIBRARY!
Your FREE HALLOWEEN CUTTING PRINTABLE:
WHO ARE THE HALLOWEEN CUTTING ACTIVITIES FOR?
- Occupational Therapists, Teachers, and Parents will love this fun creative Halloween themed pack to help improve cutting skills for developmental ages 3-6!
**This is a 20 Page Downloadable PDF File. No products will be shipped**
*As with ALL our activities, adult supervision is needed for safety and these activities should not take the place of medical or therapeutic intervention.
IN CONCLUSION, WHY ARE CUTTING SKILLS IMPORTANT?
Follow this LINK
You’ll understand what skills are being addressed and their importance!