Are you looking for some spooky, but cute Halloween Writing Activities? These writing worksheets are presented in a developmental approach created by an occupational therapist! First, prewriting skills are targeted. Then, the worksheets progress all the way to handwriting practice. Handwriting practice at both the word level and sentence level is provided! Fun writing activities for kids are a good way to improve handwriting skills!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our TERMS and POLICY PAGE*
THIS 32 Page HALLOWEEN WRITING ACTIVITIES PACK INCLUDES:
- Instruction Page: Instructions on how to complete each handwriting activity.
- A Simple Guide for the Developmental Progression of Handwriting: In other words, you’ll know exactly where your kiddo is developmentally and what skills to work on!
- Pre-Writing Strokes: Prewriting skills worksheets include vertical lines, horizontal lines, circle, cross, diagonal lines, square, X, and triangle. Each writing activity has the opportunity for tracing and copying the shape!
- Pencil Control: Kids learn to stay on a path working on pencil control. In addition, this helps with their handwriting skills!
- Multi-sensory approach for letter writing and number writing: To print off the FREE letter and number cards that go with this theme and ALL other themes, click HERE. Kids have the opportunity to use a variety of media. For example, kids can use play dough (pictured below) or Wikki Stix! They can make letters, trace letters or numbers, and finally practice writing them on their own.
- Sight Word Practice: Handwriting practice at the word level. Options include copying sight words in boxed boundaries or on 3 lined paper. There are blank pages to add whatever words you’d like the child to write!
- Sentence Writing: Children can copy a simple sentence in boxed boundaries or 3 lined paper with a picture to color that goes along with the sentence! Blank pages are also provided to copy, compose, or dictate a sentence. You’ll also have a page with highlighted 3 lined paper to assist with line orientation and letter size when working on writing skills. So many options!!
Who are Writing Worksheets for?
- Pediatric occupational therapists as well as teachers and parents will also love these creative writing worksheets. They help address prewriting and writing skills for developmental ages 3-6 years old!
**This is a 32 Page Downloadable PDF File. No products will be shipped**
*Adult supervision is needed for safety during all our activities. In addition, these activities should not take the place of medical or therapeutic intervention.
Looking for More HALLOWEEN ACTIVITIES?
Check out the related products below!
Looking for Free Printables? First, subscribe to our Newsletter! Most importantly, this gives you FULL access to the growing FREEBIE Library and a discount on ALL products!! Finally, you will receive updated information on products and tips how to use them!
Here’s a FREE sample from the Writing Pack! It’s a prewriting activity for preschoolers to work on both vertical and horizontal lines!