Penguin Cutting Activities are here! The penguin theme is perfect for the wintery weather and the cutting activities are perfect for working on improving scissor skills!
This 20 PAGE Penguin themed pack is arranged with a developmental approach. Cutting Printables start with snipping paper and advancing to cutting on lines, cutting arc lines, cutting shapes, and finally cutting complex shapes. In other words, lots of cutting practice for a variety of skill levels!!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our TERMS and POLICY PAGE*
First, we’ll look at what’s included in this Penguin Cutting Activities Pack. Next, you’ll get to see WHO benefits from these cutting activities. Then, we’ll look at why developing cutting skills are important for children! Finally, we will look at other Penguin Activities including HOW YOU CAN SAVE MONEY WHEN YOU BUNDLE, PLUS A FREE SAMPLE!!
This Penguin’s Cutting Activities Pack Includes:
- Instruction Page on how to complete each activity
- A Simple Guide for the Developmental Progression of Cutting skills- This allows you to know exactly what cutting activity your child should start with and how to progress them! Since these printable worksheets target a variety of developmental levels, they are perfect for preschool classrooms, categorical special education classrooms, and certainly for school based occupational therapist where a group of kiddos at different skills levels can work on similar cutting worksheets! Meaning, it’s not a one-size fits all pack!
CUTTING SKILLS WORKSHEETS:
- Snipping Paper – children can work on opening and closing scissors as they snip around a picture
- Cutting Lines – Now it’s time to start advancing the scissors across a variety on line lengths PLUS an arc line!
- Shapes – Developmental shapes including circle, square, triangle, pentagon, and heart are included. Want to add some matching skills to this cutting activity? In addition to cutting shapes, children can paste them to the matching shapes on the following page!
- Complex Shapes – a Penguin Picture is included with an added fine motor activity! First, cut on the dotted lines. Next, have the child cut out the 3 shapes and glue them on the picture. Finally, they can complete a fine motor activity. On the sheet, you will find 15 circles. You can have the child place pennies, poms using tongs, or stickers on the circles. The stickers I like to use are here and here. The reinforcement stickers add an extra challenge. Have the child draw on the reinforcement sticker trying to stay on the path. Using crayons or markers to color in the circles is another idea! My students LOVE these scented markers because they add olfactory input! If you need smaller markers for smaller hands, these pip squeak markers work well!
WHO ARE THE Penguin CUTTING ACTIVITIES FOR?
- Occupational Therapists, Teachers, and Parents will love this fun creative Penguin themed pack to help improve cutting skills for developmental ages 3-6!
**This is a 20 Page Downloadable PDF File. No products will be shipped**
*Adult supervision is recommended for safety with all our activities. These activities should not take the place of medical or therapeutic intervention/advice.
IN CONCLUSION, WHY ARE CUTTING SKILLS IMPORTANT?
Follow this LINK to get more information on why we work on cutting skills! You’ll understand what skills are being addressed and their importance!
BUT THERE’S MORE! Check out these other Penguin Activities including the Bundle AND a FREE SAMPLE!
FINE MOTOR Activities, Click HERE!
WRITING Activities, Click HERE!
SAVINGS BUNDLE, Click HERE!
FREE SAMPLE, Click HERE!
Looking for MORE Free Printables? First, subscribe to our Newsletter! Most importantly, this gives you FULL access to the growing FREEBIE Library and a discount on ALL products!! Finally, you will receive updated information on products and tips how to use them!