These Cutting Printables for Preschoolers to First Graders are PERFECT for Fall Activities, Pumpkin Activities, Harvest Activities, and certainly Scarecrow Activities!
This 20 PAGE printable cutting activities pack is presented with a developmental approach. From snipping paper, to cutting on lines, to cutting arc lines, to cutting shapes, to cut and paste, and finally to cutting complex shapes, you’ll find cutting activities for developmental ages 3-6!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our TERMS and POLICY PAGE*
First, we’ll take a closer look to see what’s inside and how to work on and improve cutting skills! Next, you’ll get to see WHO benefits from these cutting activities. Finally, we’ll look at why developing cutting skills are important for children!
This Scarecrow Cutting Activities Pack Includes:
- Instruction Page on how to complete each activity
- A Simple Guide for the Developmental Progression of Cutting skills- This allows you to know exactly what cutting activity your child should start with and how to progress them! Since these printable worksheets target a variety of developmental levels, they are perfect for preschool classrooms, categorical special education classrooms, and certainly for school based occupational therapist where a group of kiddos at different skills levels can still work on similar cutting worksheets! In other words, it’s not a one-size fits all pack!
CUTTING SKILLS WORKSHEETS:
- Snipping Paper – children can work on opening and closing scissors as they snip around a picture
- Cutting Lines – Now it’s time to start advancing the scissors across a variety on line lengths PLUS an arc line!
- Shapes – To start, let’s work on manipulating paper and try cutting some developmental shapes including circle, square, triangle, pentagon, and heart! Want to add some matching skills to this cutting activity? In addition to cutting shapes, they can paste them to the matching shapes on the following page!
- Complex Shapes – a fun Scarecrow themed cut and paste activity is included with an added fine motor activity! First, cut on the dotted lines. Next, have the child cut out the 3 shapes and glue them on the picture. Finally, they can complete a fine motor activity. On the sheet, you will find 10 circles. You can have the child place pennies, poms using tongs, or stickers on the circles. The stickers I like to use are here and here. The reinforcement stickers add an extra challenge as seen in the picture. Have the child draw on the reinforcement sticker trying to stay on the path. Using crayons or markers to color in the circles is another idea! My kiddos LOVE to use these scented markers because they add olfactory input! If you need smaller markers for smaller hands, these pip squeak markers work well!
WHO ARE THE SCARECROW CUTTING ACTIVITIES FOR?
- Occupational Therapists, Teachers, and Parents will love this fun creative Scarecrow themed pack to help improve cutting skills for developmental ages 3-6!
**This is a 20 Page Downloadable PDF File. No products will be shipped**
*As with ALL our activities, adult supervision is needed for safety and these activities should not take the place of medical or therapeutic intervention.
IN CONCLUSION, WHY ARE CUTTING SKILLS IMPORTANT?
Follow this LINK
You’ll understand what skills are being addressed and their importance!
LOOKING FOR MORE SCARECROW ACTIVITIES?
FINE MOTOR Activities, Click HERE!
WRITING Activities, Click HERE!
GROSS MOTOR Activities, Click HERE!
FREE SCARECROW Mini Pack, Click HERE!