If you’re looking for some Fine Motor Activities to go with your Fall themes, look no more! Kids will have fun with the Scarecrows, Pumpkins, and Corn themed worksheets as they complete these Scarecrow Fine Motor Activities! In fact, this pack is so versatile, you can use it for Scarecrow Theme Ideas, Harvest Activities, and even Pumpkin Activities! You pick!
This is a 10 page Fine Motor Pack! From lacing, to hole punching, to Wikki Stix, to clothespin activities, to using thumb tacks, to manipulating small objects, you’ll find a variety of fine motor activities for preschoolers to first grade!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our TERMS and POLICY PAGE*
First, we’ll take a closer look to see what’s inside and how to work on and improving fine motor skills! Next, you’ll get to see what FREEBIE you can have access to. Finally, we’ll look at why developing fine motor skills are important!
THIS SCARECROW FINE MOTOR ACTIVITIES PACK INCLUDES:
- Instruction Sheet on How to complete each activity along as well as some variations!
- 2 Lacing Cards: Lacing is a great way to work on two handed skills also known as a bilateral hand activity! In addition to that, the child will also work on using a pincer grasp on the string, arm and finger strength to pull it through the hole, and coordination to line up the string to the hole. A thicker string will be easier. You can make it more difficult by progressing to a thinner string!
- 2 Hole Punching Cards: Hole punching requires coordination and strength! For little hands, I like to use these mini punchers! They are perfect for working on a 3 point chuck and lateral pinch.
- Manipulative Sheet: On this printable are 15 circles. Anything like buttons, pennies, or stickers, can be used! The smaller the buttons, the bigger the challenge! Spread the manipulatives around on the table and you can also address other skills like scanning and crossing midline!
- Play dough mat: First, this cute Scarecrow mat helps work on finger and hand strength! Next, visual perception skills come into play as the child dresses the Scarecrow. Lastly, kids pinch off small pieces of play dough, roll them into balls, and smash them on the 10 small circles working on more coordination and strength!
- Matching Sheets: The next couple of printables work on matching. Children can use crayons or markers to connect the pictures. Place the paper on a cork board then rubber bands and thumbtacks can also be used OR laminate the sheets and use Wikki Stix!
- Finally, we have a few ways to work on using tongs (here are the tongs pictured: Gator Grabbers and Strawberry Huller) to help work on scissor skills. Children can use clothespins, too! All themed fine motor activities can use the same clothespins! In other words, prep once and use over and over! Regular sized clothespins and mini clothespins work!
Let’s look at some of the Fine Motor Activities in this Pack:
Want a FREE Scarecrow Mini Sample Pack?
LOOKING FOR MORE SCARECROW ACTIVITIES?
WRITING ACTIVITIES, Click HERE!
GROSS MOTOR ACTIVITIES, Click HERE!
CUTTING ACTIVITIES, Click HERE!
FREE Scarecrow Mini Pack, Click HERE!
As a Newsletter Subscriber, not only will you have access to the Free Scarecrow Mini Activity Pack but you have access to the growing FREEBIE library, a discount on all products, and updates on new products!
WHO ARE THE SCARECROW FINE MOTOR ACTIVITIES FOR?
- Certainly, Occupational Therapists, Teachers, and Parents will love this fun creative Scarecrow themed pack to help improve fine motor skills for developmental ages 3-6!
**This is a 10 Page Downloadable PDF File. No products will be shipped**
*Adult supervision is needed for safety during all these activities. In addition, these activities should not take the place of medical or therapeutic intervention.