A sensory writing activity helps provide input from senses helping a child learn how to write letters and numbers. These cards can be used by themselves OR with all themed handwriting packets!
What’s included in the Sensory Writing Pack?
- All 26 Upper Case Letters
- All 26 Lower Case Letters
- Numbers 0-9
What Sensory Activities can you do?
- Children can use Play dough, Wikki Stix, or other media to make letters and numbers on the laminated cards. Not sure what Wikki Stix are? Click HERE to see and an example.
- Have the child trace the media with their index finger using the correct formation. Have them verbalize with you how to make it while tracing. Now we’ve incorporate visual, auditory, and tactile input!
- Dry Erase Markers or crayons can also be used to trace the letters and numbers
- Add a scooter to play a writing game! Place cards turned upside down and spread out on one side of the room. Place a dry erase marker or crayon on the other side of the room. The child lays on his/her tummy, scoots to get a card, and then scoots to the writing tool to practice writing the letter or number. Now they can use the scooter to go get another card.
- So many different options!
*please make sure all activities are supervised and performed safely*
You can keep the card on the large rectangle while the child practices writing the letter or number in the 4 smaller rectangles OR you can remove the card and the child can practice writing one time in the large rectangle before practicing in the smaller ones. Click HERE for a closer look at the FREE Monster Writing Pack!
WHO IS THIS HANDWRITING PACKET FOR?
Occupational Therapists, Teachers, and parents. Children will have fun participating in a multi-sensory activity while they work to improve their visual motor skills and their handwriting skills!
**This is a 13 page digital download PDF file. No Physical items will be shipped**