Leprechauns are sneaky! Not only do they try to find gold, but they are trying to hide in these St. Patrick’s Day Visual Perception Activities! But don’t worry, you’re in luck! There’s lots of skills targeted as you try to find them including counting 1-10, writing numbers 1-10, and visual perceptual skills!
In this post, we’ll look at how this FREE pack works on:
- Number Writing 1-10
- Visual Perception Skills
- We will also see why Visual Perception Skills are Important!
*This is a FREE 12 page digital download PDF. No physical items will be shipped.*
First, Let’s looks at counting skills addressed in these St. Patrick’s Day Visual Perception Activities:
The first page has 1 Leprechaun on it and the following page has 2. Each page adds another Leprechaun all the way up to 10 Leprechauns. Children will have to look and count how many Leprechauns are on the page. Go in sequential order or mix them up in random order!
Next up is Number Writing:
At the bottom of each page is a place for children to practice writing the number of Leprechauns they counted. To use these printable over and over again, print them off on card stock and then laminate. Another option would be placing them in sheet protectors instead of laminating. Use dry erase markers or crayons!
If your child needs more practice on number formation, here are 2 options:
- FREE Multi-Sensory Writing Cards – use play dough, Wikki Stix, or other media on these number and letter cards to assist with formation. Click HERE!
- FREE Number Writing Printable – Trace and copy numbers 1-10. Click HERE!
What Visual Perception Skills are addressed in this St. Patrick’s Day Visual Perception Activities Pack?
Children work on 3 Visual Perception Skills when they are trying to find and count these sneaky Leprechauns!
- Figure ground – Finding an object or picture with a busy background
- Form constancy – Being able to tell what something is no matter it’s size, color, or orientation.
- Visual closure – Being able tell what an object or picture is when it’s partially hidden.
Visual Perceptual Skills are important for learning, reading, and writing. To sum it up, they are how the brain processes what it sees! To learn more about visual perception skills, click HERE!
*This is a FREE 12 page digital download PDF. No Physical items are shipped.*
Looking for MORE St. Patrick’s Day Activities?
In addition to these St. Patrick’s Day Visual Perception Activities, Click HERE to check out our Gross Motor, Fine Motor, Writing, and Cutting Activities!
Subscribe to our Newsletter! You’ll get updated information on products, exclusive access to our growing FREEBIE library including these FREE PRINTABLES, AND a discount on products!