These FREE WINTER Writing Activities have 3 different levels of difficulty. In addition, letter formation, letter size, and line placement are all targeted. Perfect for kindergarteners to first grade! Cutting practice is also included in the activities to help improve scissor skills!
*This is a FREE 7 page digital download PDF. No physical items will be shipped.*
First, we’re going to look at the Fine Motor Warm-up Activity. Next, we’ll discuss the different levels of difficulty in these handwriting worksheets. Finally, we’ll look at MORE SNOWMAN Activities for our wintery theme!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see ourTERMS and POLICY PAGE*
FIRST, LET’S LOOK AT THE FINE MOTOR WARM-UP!
The Fine Motor Warm-up Includes a picture/word matching activity. This activity has several options! For example:
- Pencil control by tracing on lines with a writing utensil
- Place Wikki Stix on the lines while working on finger strength and coordination
- Squeeze glue along the lines. Then place yarn/string on the glue working on hand strength and coordination
- Place cork board under the printable. Have the child poke holes along the lines with thumbtacksworking on finger strength, coordination, and a tripod grasp. You may need to double up the cork board if you are placing them on a table.
- Peel and place small stickers along the lines to work on finger strength and coordination
NEXT, LET’S EXPLORE THE DIFFERENT LEVELS OF DIFFICULTY in these Winter Writing Activities!
As children learn to form letters, they also begin working on letter size and placing their letters on the lines. Most certainly, visual boundaries can help as they practice handwriting at both the word and the sentence level! For instance, here are the different levels included in this pack:
Level 1 of Handwriting Activities = Boxed Boundaries:
- Boxed boundaries at the word level: 4 snowman words are provided to trace. Then children can copy the words while practicing letter formation and staying inside the boxed boundaries. Finally, a cut and paste activity is included to help with cutting skills!
- Boxed boundaries at the sentence level: The same idea as above, only a 4 word sentence is copied in boxed boundaries. On page 7, two SNOWMAN cutting Shapes are provided. Kiddos can cut and place one on the right hand side of this worksheet. Another option would be to draw and color their own SNOWMAN!
- See pictures below
LEVEL 2 of the SNOWMAN Writing Activities = 3 Lined Paper:
- 3 Lined Paper at the word level: 3 lined paper is the next level of difficulty as children try to keep their tall letters tall and short letters short. This handwriting worksheet has 4 SNOWMAN words. The child copies these words on the adapted 3 lined paper with colored spaces. The visual boundaries assist the child to see where to place the letters. A cut and paste activity is provided on this handwriting worksheet as well!
- 3 Lined Paper at the sentence level: Same idea as above only the child copies a 4 word sentence on the adapted 3 lined paper. A SNOWMAN on page 7 can be cut and pasted on the right hand side of this printable. Drawing and coloring a SNOWMAN instead of cutting is another option!
- See pictures below
LEVEL 3 of the SNOWMAN Printables = Sentence Building:
- The last and most difficult level is building a sentence. The child cuts out the 4 words staying on the dotted lines. Then, sequences the words to form a sentence by glueing them on the rectangles. Next, the child writes the sentence on the adapted 3-lined paper. Finally, have your child cut and paste a SNOWMAN from page 7 on the right hand side of the page. Once again, you could also have the child draw and color a picture instead of cutting!
WHEW!! This FREE MINI WRITING Pack addresses a lot of skills!
Lastly, here are some MORE SNOWMAN ACTIVITIES to go along with your FREE Winter Writing Activities!
Click HERE to look at the 32 Page Snowman Writing Pack, 20 Page Snowman Cutting Pack, 10 Page Snowman Fine Motor Pack, AND a FREE Snowman Gross Motor Activity! Don’t forget to check out the SNOWMAN BUNDLE!
Subscribe to our Newsletter! You’ll get updated information on products, exclusive access to our growing FREEBIE library including these FREE PRINTABLES, AND a discount on products!